Mysterical

 Ozzy Spirit Bear

For this project I decided to mimic the ideas seen in the taco cat shirts, and other similar designs. I have always enjoyed the bizarre galaxy cat/animal designs the feature animals flying with the stars. I opted out of adding any additional images, like a taco or rainbow, because I liked how my final image turned out with just the bears.

In order to create this image I had to combine four separate pictures. To make the background I used a picture of the milky way that I took while camping at Mammoth Hot Springs. I heightened the vibrancy and saturation of the image to get a more colorful image. I then copy and pasted the image onto a blank canvas in photoshop. I used two pictures of Ozzy the grizzly bear from ZooMT as my subject for the galaxy picture. Using the lasso tool I was able to make the bear images individual mask layers. Then I used the eraser tool to clean up the edges and remove any residual background from around the body of the bear.  I then copy and pasted both bear images onto the milky way background and arranged them into their respective positions. 

At that point I thought the overall image had an unfinished, and sharp, appearance. I decided that I wanted have a haze overtop of the entire image. I took a picture of the steamboat geyser and cropped it so only the steam of the geyser was visible. I then tinted the entire image purple. The steam was then pasted overtop of the entire galaxy image. Because I didn't want the steam to be heavily evident I adjusted lightened the layer and gave it an opacity of twenty five percent. After the steam was added I thought it gave the overall image a softer, more finished, look.





Comments